Thursday, December 13, 2007

The end to another year...

The year is almost something of the past and everybody is scrambling to finish it in style (just visit any store and it is obvious). However, you won't find me doing any Christmas shopping. I am just trying to enjoy the holiday season with the people and things I love most. And if you aren't already aware, I am already tired of baking this season! I know, can you believe that is possible!

If you do happen to catch me in a store fiercely fighting my way through the bundles of people, it is because I am scouting out all the things I would like to purchase after the holiday when it is marked down super cheap (baby clothes for next winter). No matter what I find myself doing these days, my mind is on cloud 9 just thinking about our little boy who will be making his debut this spring. At this time all I know are little girls and I can't wait to see what a change he will bring to our home.

We decided on the name Rhyley early on, but just this week after finding out the sex Maisey has re-named all of her dolls. She is so excited to be a big sister and if you dare say that she will be a big sister, she is quick to remind you that she already is! She has a point... She does have a little sibling, he just isn't able to communicate with us. Well, except with me and all the kicking he inflicts on my abdomen. I'm sure he will be a soccer player like his parents hope for.

Today we topped off our holiday decorating with the Stone's and after painting ceramic and dough ornaments, our tree is at its full capacity. This past week we also spent an evening with Peyton and Colby frosting cookies and decorating ornaments- we love seeing those guys more now that we live closer! Last Saturday we hit the Winter Wonderland lights at the Portland International Raceway after spending the day decorating more cookies with friends. I think we have pretty much done all we can to prepare for Christmas and Maisey never fails to open up her advent calendar. We got our tree early this year on November 24th and consequently we are even more anxious than ever for Christmas. Oh, and how can I forget the gingerbread house we spent 2.5 hours decorating!

We hope your holiday season is going as well as ours and we can't wait to hear about your latest ventures.

2 comments:

The Sorensons said...

Rachel, Chad and Maisy,
You guys rock have an awesome Christmas we love hanging out and hope to see you guys again very soon...Perhaps another weekend with the WII! The blog is cute too. Can't wait to see Rhyley.
Love the sorensons

jamie t. said...

I'm so glad that you guys thought of us now that you have a blog. It is such a fun way to keep in touch. Congrats on the boy! That is fantastic. Merry Christmas! The Tonks