Christmas came and went as quickly as Santa's debut and we are a bit sad that it is already over. We had a great month preparing for the big celebration, and I was even going to leave the tree up until the 1st, but it was showing its age by the beautiful color that it had lost and by the unfriendliness of its branches! (She was a bit feisty while I was removing her accessories and I walked away with a couple of scratches). Now that the holiday is over we are grateful for the constant traditions, new memories, and the few pictures we were able to capture in the fast paced hustle.
Maisey and I spent a wonderful six days in Eugene but Chad wasn't able to come until the eve because of his job in the world of retail. After celebrating Christmas at my grandparents as we have done every year with my dad's entire family, we headed home later that night in the nick of time for Santa's arrival. The next morning we enjoyed Christmas under our tree and then we headed East to Hood River. After arriving around noon we spent a couple hours with family before heading back home. The picture perfect snow scape forced us to leave a couple hours early in the late afternoon but after returning home for three days we were able to return for a leisurely weekend in the Hood.
During the restful weekend Maisey spent her first night away from Mom and Dad with her Aunt Jill, Uncle Tod, and Cousin Ruby. Maisey had a great time with her big cousin Ruby and a rather smooth night thanks to a patient Aunt and Uncle who were willing to share their bed! I on the other hand, woke up on the hour and slept very restlessly as I wondered what was going on two houses away from where I was sleeping. But, the phone never rang and we now have confidence that when she must sleep over come this spring, she will be as excited and secure!

Our trip back allowed more time for fun in the snow and time with Oma and Opa Guenther. We arrived on Chad's parents 40th wedding anniversary and departed with a birthday celebration for Lynn and Nick's (father in-law and nephew) birthday's. It felt like old times celebrating at Pietro's as we did for every locals birthday.
Now we are home, unpacked, and ready to enjoy New Year's eve tomorrow as well as celebrate our two year temple anniversary! Oh, and how can I forget the final week countdown until another term starts. I am eager to knock this one out... I am due two weeks after the term ends and hopefully it will distract me some! With the age lapse between children, as well as school ending promptly before my due date, I have already felt the joys of nesting. Going through all the old gear and taking inventory, washing and preparing, I am so excited!
We hope your holiday was as pleasant as ours and we wish you a Happy New Year!
Maisey and I spent a wonderful six days in Eugene but Chad wasn't able to come until the eve because of his job in the world of retail. After celebrating Christmas at my grandparents as we have done every year with my dad's entire family, we headed home later that night in the nick of time for Santa's arrival. The next morning we enjoyed Christmas under our tree and then we headed East to Hood River. After arriving around noon we spent a couple hours with family before heading back home. The picture perfect snow scape forced us to leave a couple hours early in the late afternoon but after returning home for three days we were able to return for a leisurely weekend in the Hood.
During the restful weekend Maisey spent her first night away from Mom and Dad with her Aunt Jill, Uncle Tod, and Cousin Ruby. Maisey had a great time with her big cousin Ruby and a rather smooth night thanks to a patient Aunt and Uncle who were willing to share their bed! I on the other hand, woke up on the hour and slept very restlessly as I wondered what was going on two houses away from where I was sleeping. But, the phone never rang and we now have confidence that when she must sleep over come this spring, she will be as excited and secure!
Our trip back allowed more time for fun in the snow and time with Oma and Opa Guenther. We arrived on Chad's parents 40th wedding anniversary and departed with a birthday celebration for Lynn and Nick's (father in-law and nephew) birthday's. It felt like old times celebrating at Pietro's as we did for every locals birthday.
Now we are home, unpacked, and ready to enjoy New Year's eve tomorrow as well as celebrate our two year temple anniversary! Oh, and how can I forget the final week countdown until another term starts. I am eager to knock this one out... I am due two weeks after the term ends and hopefully it will distract me some! With the age lapse between children, as well as school ending promptly before my due date, I have already felt the joys of nesting. Going through all the old gear and taking inventory, washing and preparing, I am so excited!
We hope your holiday was as pleasant as ours and we wish you a Happy New Year!



1 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun holiday. Hopefully I'll see you soon at play group or church. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment