Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{not this time}

For all my "fans" who've been waiting for the news, I found out tonight that I didn't get the job. I am feeling a little discouraged, especially when I hear it often takes 15 interviews and a year to two sometimes of "in agency experience" before obtaining a job in this department. For now, I am just going to focus on being thankful for the position I have. I will have a chance to volunteer with the department I want to get in to (Alie, I always think of that story of your brother who volunteered for like a whole year unpaid doing his job, while supporting 6 kids, hopefully I'm getting some of the details right, before he was actually hired). It is almost harder being 2 nd- or 3 rd (I'm not sure which this time), than being number 1200. In the midst of all this, the very best thing is, and I mean best, is I get to see my own kiddos more! It can be hard not to think of my own kids sometimes when I'm with clients.

4 comments:

Adrianna said...

Sorry, Rachel... I know you will find something great, though!

Alie said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I really believe that when we are doing what's right, that all things happen for a reason. Thanks for keeping your fans updated. And yes you got the story right. My brother was finally offered a job and is now doing better than ever.

The Earley's said...

I'm so sorry, Rachel. I remember going through that, and it's really hard. You are so positive, though!

Kristy E.B. said...

I'm so sorry! I hope that an even better position works out for you in the near future...preferably one that doesn't require you to move.