Tuesday, May 25, 2010

{Catching Up}

It's been a whole month since I last blogged. Although everyday is busy in this house, nothing too exciting has happened. The 'big' events we've attended are without pictures.
***
Mother's Day weekend we visited with old friends on the Guenther side at THIS beautiful vineyard to celebrate the life of a good friend who passed too young. We almost got married at this vineyard back in the day and the serene beauty around us made me wish we had. But, it was about location and Dallas, Oregon is not central to anything. The kids stayed with my parents the entire day in Eugene. It was the first time we left Ryley for that long but he was having so much fun with my parents he didn't care.
***
Maisey recently went to an all day Girl Scout camp, Camp Yamhill, and we missed her tons. It's odd when a member of the family is missing.
***
Chad has been fishing again. He put this hobby on hold for many years and now he's enjoying his "Me" time. I also enjoy having alone time with the kids. Maisey just got her first pole and Chad is taking her fishing on Memorial Day.
***
As I write this post I am getting over the flu bug. It started with Maisey, then the boys, and now me. It was nice and short, although it's pattern of victimization skipped a day between. Tomorrow will make it a week since Maisey came down with it. This was Chad's 3rd time with the flu since last August. It has been rough to say the least. But, I do appreciate my great friends who always offer to help bring in dinner, run errands, and ease any burdens possible.
My friend's at hostess Adrianna's tea party. I had to miss this one but I had to post it because these ladies are so beautiful- inside and out!
***
Maisey just had teacher conferences and it was such a "Joy" to attend them as her mother. All I ever hear from other teacher/instructor like adults is, "How wonderful she is" and "What a joy it is to have her around and to teach her." Maisey loves to learn and she loves to socialize. She is truly a special girl. Right now she is working on her second science experiment before the year wraps up. This past week I took some time out to sew. I love to tinker around and I wish I could do more. Someday, when things aren't so busy (probably when I have grand kids, right?), I hope to learn more about sewing. This is what I made. The receiver of this project was actually with me when I purchased it. It is almost complete, minus the buttons on the straps. It is going to be an exterior car seat cover to block out wind and sun this summer. The circle pattern is the inside and the circle straps will be attached to the outside print. I love these textured fabric together.

3 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

So sorry to hear you guys were sick--I had no idea. Glad to hear it sounds like it's about the end though? I'll have to call you soon so we can get together!

jamie t. said...

I love updates! I hope that the flu bug is finally leaving your abode. You have enough on your plate as it is.

Mark and Tammy said...

Oh I am so ready to hire you full time to make everything for me-I don't have a baby but I LOVE to look at all the things you make and you have the best taste-----LOVE IT ALL. Saige was asking about Maisey just the other day wondering where she moved too.