Tuesday, December 13, 2011

{2 weeks in a breeze}

The last 2 weeks have been swift to say the least. On top of our very normal typical busy lives, Chad turned 37 on Dec. 1st! To celebrate we went out to dinner and did a lot of playing (miniature golf, laser tag, and zoo lights). Here is Chad modeling his santa suit (minus the belt) that he wore for my work party (thank you Mary for the loan). It was a fun office party with many of the LDS FS employees. There were tons of kids and I'm pretty sure they had a blast eating sweets, watching the Polar Express in the theatre, and playing "white elephant." The kids at the ward party story time (The Night Before Christmas and The First Christmas Story)The day after my work party, and after a very late night, we spent 8 hours at the church setting up and executing the ward party I was asked to plan. I think the estimate of 300 was as close as a person could get!The kids listening to the symbols of Christmas
The day after the ward party we made a day trip to Hood River. My niece was Clara in the Nutcracker and couldn't have been more excited! She's almost 14 and this was an especially exciting role!
On the way home is snowed. And I dozed for 15 minutes. I am still exhausted (which is totally unlike me), but the 12 hours of baking on Thursday did me in!!!
***

This Thursday is the Girl Scout Christmas craft, Friday is the class party, and then we only have one more party we're hosting! All I really have to say is, THANKYOU Pinterest for helping me pull this all off! I failed to capture pictures as the hostess, but things were truly wonderful! Party planning is oh so fun! My only regret, not getting pictures to document the memories!

2 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

Glad all of your parties are going well. I bet you're glad that the big ones are out of the way. We need to hang out when you get a break from everything!

jamie t. said...

Happy Birthday Chad..... love the santa suit! Glad it wasn't your birthay suit :) Glad the parties went well Rach... I'm sure they were a hit for all who came!