Wednesday, October 31, 2012

{Grandma Marilee}

Since I last blogged we went to Eugene for my Grandma Marilee's memorial. She passed away in August. She was hanging on her last month of life before going home from complications of a stroke. This was a few days after she turned 77. It was so weird to think she was no longer on earth because she was SO vibrant, spunky, and humerous! She seemed like she was in her '50's. This is when reality hit us about our aging families. I am delighted she is with my grandpa Bill who passed away less than 2 years ago (again, a really seemingly young man) from complications of Alzheimers.
The last two years have been so hard for my mom, an only child. As unfortunate it is that she does not have them right now, I am relieved they aren't suffering and that she is able to take care of herself after spending so much time caring for them.
  


 While we were there we saw our first 3-D movie, at least first meaning in the last 20 years without the red and blue paper glasses.

0 comments: