Sunday, April 14, 2013

{Adjusting}

Maisey is starting to adjust now that she has started dance. She is taking Jazz and Ballet (5 hours a week). Only a third of what she took before (13 classes rather than 2), but it is a start considering everyone is about to have recitals and it's the end of the year.
Audutions for company are near the end of May. We can't wait. The move has mostly be smoothe, but she lost the twinkle in her eye with no dance for 3 weeks after the 2nd week. 
Center Stage won studio of the year out of 170 other studios and $25,000, which they really need because the place is so run down  compared to other studios (although they're the most competitive).
 We have all LOVED the sun, and Maisey is especially excited for shorts and sandals! Me, I'm not so excited for shorts, although I've learned don't wear black pants on hot days, ouch!
 More birthday... My sweet, loving guy turned 5 last Sunday. He had a Lego birthday presents wise! He still loves Legos, and sadly has enough to feed another country if we cashed them in! Seriously Lego, by the time a mother buys 20 sets and like $1,000 later, she starts to get a bad taste in her mouth.  
 
 He REALLY wanted this cake- like since he was 3 in OR. We got it, and after 1 piece tossed it! Too MUCH sugar! SOOOOO disgusting; Chad, a.k.a."the human garbage disposal" didn't even want to eat it! Plus, one downside here is everything dries out so soon. Even when its wrapped it has a short life.   
 Since it was Ry's birthday and conference weekend, I used my "Our Best Bites" seasonal cookbook and my bigger kitchen to try a couple things.
 Breakfast sausage and puff pasty pigs in a blanket
 Orange rolls. Kristy, I finally was brave enough to make cinnamon rolls. I always wanted her to show me how but time never allowed. Yes, I love to cook for entertainment and Yes, I am scared of bread products.
 Puffed pancakes. Easy as cake! Next time Maisey is making these in the mini muffing pan and blender! My family LOVED these!
By the way, baking here sucks! I hate it, and need to learn to adapt! High altitude has taken some of my joy!
 My lovely office
 
The desk I need to decorate.
 We are enjoying the park with all the sun! Working on our tans for sure.
 Getting used to all the adjustments like CRAZY, FRUSTRATING drivers and drive up cameras as tellers rather than people.
 Our awesome library! We've always loved the library and this one is the best I've ever been too! SO, SO, SO many books, and wings, and floors.
 
 
As for adjusting. Work is slow. I am fast. This is an opportunity to make new habits. I pray everyday that I can be still. And with time, I will- try :) Moving was a good opportunity to grow and develop new habits such as not over extending myself. However, I do love to be busy, still, and I hope this place feels like "home" soon. We always hear at church our homes should be a refuge from the world, and for the first time ever, I feel that. Sure Maisey has dance 3x a week, activity days 1 day, Ry has gymnastics and t-ball starting, and I have full-time classes and my internship/work 30 hours, and other activities like church and callings, etc. but it's still not as busy as before.
As for "callings," starting next Sunday Chad and I will be teaching the "Marital Relations" Sunday School class. Wish us luck, we will need it!
Thanks for checking in. Come back soon!

2 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

Glad to see a post and things are starting to come into place. I feel bad that the cinnamon rolls "lesson" never happened.... I'm glad you took the plunge and made them anyways. They look awesome! That makes me want to make them soon, I haven't for a long time!

Ciara said...

I was here!