Yesterday was Maisey's first day of kindergarten. She
thought she would be shy (which means she was planning on it because sometimes she is and the
majority of the time she's not), but when she sat at her name tag a familiar face from our pool was her table mate. Once she made the connection, (which was immediate) she asked me if I could leave. Today, as we walked in the school she was giving me a little "coaching" and asked me once again (this time before we even entered the class) if I could leave quickly. I guess we don't have to worry about any insecurities at this time, and she always amazes me at her adaptability in each thing she does.

1st Day

Maisey picked out her outfit (which is always our battle- even down to the hair bows). Today I proposed that we take turns every other day, but I may still need to use a little persuasion on her days (today she wore a pink skirt, pink shirt, white church shoes, and blue tights- not to school though)!
I just finished this digital scrapbook and it arrived in the mail the day before school started. I wasn't really sad that she was beginning school (I hadn't even really thought about it as anything other than exciting- until I read the book I wrote to her that was). It made me realize how quickly the last 5 years went and how she will (hopefully) be in school for at least the next 17 years, etc,... Babies grow up so quickly!
********************************************
The same day Maisey started school Ryley "started" baby food. He is 5 months now and we don't intend to feed him food regularly for awhile, but I was eager to see what he thought of it since he's always watching us when we eat and grabbing at our food. We don't want to fill him with grain yet since he still has a sensitive GI Tract, so we went for staining-orange carrots.
The anticipation.
During.
3 comments:
Maisey looks adorable. I'm glad she likes school. I think I'll bawl my head off when Jazlyn goes to school!
Maisey is such a doll. It's so awesome when you know they are happy to go and aren't afraid. I'm so happy she likes it! :)
Maisey looked so cute!
I also loved the video of Ryley. He doesn't look like you guys yet he does...I know it doesn't make sense but since when have I ever :) Can't wait to see you guys!!!!
Post a Comment