Monday, September 15, 2008

She's Off!

On Saturday we took Maisey to the church parking lot to teach her to ride her bike (I actually cheered and Dad did the initial pushing). We were so surprised when she rode on her own after the first push and we wish that we'd tried earlier this summer. She was (and still is) so proud of herself (as are we), and watching her took me back to when I first learned to ride a bike. My dad followed me around our cul-de-sac until I really got the hang of it. It was so sweet to watch Chad do the same with Maisey and she was especially "lovey" (appreciative) afterwards.
She is such a sweet girl and she has such a loving, playful daddy.
This picture was actually "take 2" because the first time she tilted her head and it looked a little "x" rated. She said she wanted it to be romantic. Where in the world do kids get this stuff? Certainly not in our house.

Take 1: Listen for the shrieks near the end... It was pretty humorous.

Take 2: She's getting the feel of it!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Yay Maisey! We've got to do that with Hunter still.

The Sorensons said...

Way to go MAISEY!!!! You and Madeline can ride together now, what big girls you've become!!!

The Sorensons said...

You've updated quite a bit! I wish I could take a bubble bath any ol time!, The baby elephant was so darn cute!!! I used to love that kinda shampoo. It got too spendy so I use a cheeper version but glad you found something you like-it's hard to do sometimes! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Kristy E.B. said...

Yeah, how exciting!

Chris and Melanie said...

Woohoo!!!! That is such an awesome milestone. We taught some of our kids at the church parking lot too, haha. It works great! :)