Monday, November 16, 2009

{girl scout service}

This past week Maisey made blankets for children in need at the annual Linus Project. She was so proud of herself last year and this year was no different. I was extremely excited to see her joy since I myself love to serve others. I constantly think about my children and the ways they will choose to express gratitude for all of their blessings, hoping that someday they will learn by example. I just have to say I'm grateful for Girl Scouts because it really parallels our teachings as members of the church.
At another activity this past week Maisey also made hygiene kits for the needy and she was given one to bring home to disburse on her own accordance. On Saturday morning we stuffed some treats into the sack along with some money and set out to find just the "right" beggar on the corner. She was so happy to give her bag to someone in need and we decided we will make several more for this holiday season, and hopefully throughout the rest of the year.
This was the fleece Maisey chose- against my persuasion of course!
* The fabric stores really do make some cute fleece!
One troop down, many more to go!
Last years project.

0 comments: