Today started out with Maisey's tap dress rehearsal. She is performing on Thursday (don't get me started on the day of the week, really). She will perform in the first of 4 recitals. Since she is performing on a Thursday, rather than the usual Saturday, she will not have a big crowd of out-of-towners to cheer her on. However, Chad and I are her biggest fans, and we are probably enough!
Maisey loves to perform, and it is super fun to watch her. One reason she loves the stage is because she gets to wear mascara and red lipstick!
*The theme this year is "Think Global, Dance Local."
The music was very cool, in all different languages and styles.
This song is from Lilo and Stitch: "He Mele No Lilo."
Maisey looks a little ahead here; however, she was right on watching the back stage instructors while everyone else was slowly copying them. I am not sure how to tell her to slow down in order to fit in for the final performance.
*****************************
After we ran home for a quick lunch we picked up the boys for a movie first. I really thought Ryley would sit through a movie (although he's only 26 months), but I was wrong! I am still really surprised he wasn't interested since he will watch other Toy Story movies and Cars (I do not condone media in any way, but I am not always home and Chad is)! Since this was a kid-friendly "Father's Day" outing, I spent at least half the time in the lobby watching Ryley drive car and snow mobile arcade games.
After we ran home for a quick lunch we picked up the boys for a movie first. I really thought Ryley would sit through a movie (although he's only 26 months), but I was wrong! I am still really surprised he wasn't interested since he will watch other Toy Story movies and Cars (I do not condone media in any way, but I am not always home and Chad is)! Since this was a kid-friendly "Father's Day" outing, I spent at least half the time in the lobby watching Ryley drive car and snow mobile arcade games. Initially he was happy to be there!
And I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I am excited for this!



1 comments:
I'm excited for Chronicles of Narnia too, that's nothing to be embarassed about--they're great movies!
Post a Comment