Seven years ago after 52 hours of labor, this beautiful little girl changed my life forever...
Each day I give thanks because I am a mother and because I have a daughter. There are many people out there who don't experience the joys and pains that come from motherhood and I feel sad about that. Being a mother defines me- and I am proud to be in this role.
Maisey is a strong spirit, and I hope she always stands for truth and righteousness. Maisey teaches me new things every day as she enriches my life. I know she will always be a good friend and example to others. She is such a special girl!
This is what she found- a new bike. She said she thought it was going to be an I-Pod. She really does seem years older and I have no idea what she will be "in to" when she actually is. She has never been into toys much, despite the fact she's had everything.
We were out the door for a bike ride by 8 AM. It was gorgeous and we even woke the ducks up! It was a Saturday.
Maisey wanted me to take this picture and capture a small fraction of the beauty at this nearby park; plus she just finished studying everything about frogs and habitats at school.
A couple hours later we packed everything up, cake and all (she pleaded for a homemade cake despite the fact I wanted to buy a beautiful one), and headed to the ice skating rink. Somewhere along the way with feeding 9 little girls and 1 little boy, I failed to get group pictures. But, here are a couple of Maisey's friends.
Sage
Aaron and Ana (without Aaron's steady feet and help all the girls' would have been crying due to crushed ego's; only two girls had ever skated on their own).
Maisey, Hailey, Chaney
* I failed to get pictures of Peyton, Colby, and Alexis but they are just as cute as the other kids!
So far it has been a great birthday weekend. Today we have church and Oma and Opa are coming to visit and have dinner.



2 comments:
Looks like the party went great! I'm so glad! Maisy is darling and is lucky to have such an amazing mom!
What a great birthday! Anna had so much fun and it looks like the day was a great success. You are super mom!
Post a Comment