The other day at Costco an adorable little boy I know was really testing my patience. After trying to buckle him in a cart outside the entrance, I carried him to the car, crying uncle before I even made an attempt to visit the store. I placed him back in the car so he could "do his thing." As he smiled at me while pretending to drive I decided he should be buckled up. Come on, if he was going to punish us by keeping me from entering the store, he needed to know this wasn't a game. Once I finally got him buckled up I decided I would make an attempt to physiologically soothe him (raise his blood sugar).
So, I opened a brand new bag of trail mix and before I could distribute any
I dropped the whole bag!
Rather than get huffy about it, I just took a picture. I practiced being patient and less dramatic- something I am consciously working on each day.
Ryley got the point, "Don't mess with Mom or you don't get a snack!"



1 comments:
I love it! Good for you Rachel for practicing your patience. That was a lot of trail mix! :)
Post a Comment