The biggest news in our lives right now is that I will be going back to work. I am excited about this position, beyond words.
A job opportunity was open at LDS Family Services and I couldn't keep myself from applying. I was just offered the job and I couldn't be happier! I will work part time as an adoption caseworker which will be perfect for my busy school schedule and the rest of life.
Now, about school...
I don't think I ever "announced" what it is I am doing. I get this feeling because people keep asking me, saying they read it on my blog that I am in school, but don't know why. So, forgive me friends if you've heard it a thousand times and forgive me if I've been vague. I am earning a Master's Degree in Counseling online with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy. I hope to open my own practice after I am licensed.
School full-time, work part time, and EVERYTHING in between will keep all of us hopping.
I wouldn't have the opportunities I have without the strength and stamina my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. Also, I have to give credit to my dedicated husband. He tries his best to help me each and every day. Recently, (and by choice) he has started taking over some of my deep cleaning. We are both clean freaks, but I am more detailed so I usually do the deep cleaning. However, we continue to grow as a team and we are both sacrificing certain things as times change, like perfectionism. He even wants me to teach him how to cook! One step at a time.
Along with cleaning we are also working a little on grocery shopping.
This concludes the joy I wanted to share. I cannot wait to be back in the field working with families. These families will be a bit different than my DHS families and I already know I welcome the change!



2 comments:
that is pretty exciting news! way to go rachael. that job is right up my alley, i would have loved to work for lds family services. and i'm sure they'll love having you! congrats!! can you tell i'm excited for with all my exclamation points!?!
Reminds me of the days when you and Daniel, and then Chase shared bunkbeds.....history repeats itself.
Post a Comment