Sunday, April 22, 2012

{30}

I have been waiting for this day FOREVER! Okay, for about a decade! I am FINALLY 30! Let me start out by saying I feel old. Don't confuse this with mature, because I am a kid at heart (although I have lost my sense of humor somewhat along the way). 
I just feel like I have done so much by this time in my life. I met Chad when I was 18, we got married when I was 20, had Maisey when I was 21 (2 weeks before out 1st anniversary). Can you say lightening speed? That is a lot of change in a little amount of time! Because I decided to have children so young (Chad is 8 years older), I have felt so much older. My sister in-laws for example were having their children in their 30's and 40's... I already have a child who will be 9 this summer and I am just now 30! 
In short, that is why I feel so old. 

 With that said, I was SO excited for this years birthday. People still think I am in my early 20's and so now I am waiting for my youthful appearance to catch up with my age- although that is not something I am excited about- really! 

Here is a synopsis of this years celebration!


Thursday April 12th: Ci made me my favorite dinner- homemade egg rolls, sweet and sour, and fried rice. I love them, almost as much as I love her! She is so sweet to me.   

Friday April 13th: Wings and Waves in McMinville at the Evergreen Air and Space Museum, after wards onto Eugene.

Saturday April 14th: The motion picture of my aunts dance company (Zapp) with my mom, grandma, and Maisey.

Sunday: Brunch with my grandparents. Home to open up many cards and packages (some not birthday related however.

Jamie, thank you for the great baking book (America's Test Kitchen Baking Book). My sister also picked one out for me on behalf of the family and between the 2, I have tons of recipes to try (mom, I found a 4 whisk almond vanilla cake last night). I can't wait to bake!

Tuesday: GNO with the ladies at my favorite restaurant
Thank you Adrianna for the scarf (Charming Charlie)
Thank you Lisa for the perfume (laugh if you want- it's Brittany Spears but it smells great)
 Thank you Julie for the shabby clock!

 Saturday: Date day with my hubby. Dessert (The Cheesecake Factory :D) and birthday shopping!
 Thank you Naomi for the gift card! I bought this "overnight bag" for all my make-up and hair products while traveling (Charming Charlie).
 I found my gun! I have thought about owning one for about a year an half. Finally, I decided it was time. The safe has been waiting for a couple months while I shopped around- and waited for birthday money. 
So, thank you family for the birthday money. I bought a 22 caliber Sig Sauer PINK Moscuito.
It had to be pink, and it wasn't easy to find in stock. I got lucky at the gun show. 
The gun show was full of many interesting people, some who probably shouldn't own guns (instability and paranoia was in the air). Now, I just need to find a class for some training.

I heard a lot of laughs when I told people what I was shopping for. Apparently I don't look like the kind of girl who would be packing heat. Really, my gun with remain in a safe, unless it's being used for fun. I will not risk a child finding it.
 It was a wonderful big 30! Thank you for all the cards and people who celebrated with me, or wished me well! Now I can't wait for 40! Ha, ha! I have a lot to do in the next 10 years. Stay with my for the ride because I know it's going to be busy!!! But, that's no different than now right? I just anticipate some big changes, which are really exciting. 

4 comments:

Adrianna said...

Oh my goodness! I love your pink mosquito! It so looks like you! Happy Birthday, Rache.

Kristy E.B. said...

Cute pictures of everyone, and of the kids in the other post. And I can't believe you didn't tell me you were allergic to dogs. I had no idea! Now I feel terrible. Hope it doesn't go too bad.

jamie t. said...

You were one lucky girl! I wish I could have been there for the festivites and can't wait to see you... and some of the girlies in a month!

Alie said...

Happy late birthday!!