Friday, May 4, 2012

{Miss Worker Bee}

Maisey wanted to visit my work on "Take Your Child to Work Day" last week. I don't work in the office on Thursday's but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show her the valuable work my office does. I picked her up a couple hours before school got out and we headed into the office/

Because my work is confidential, I didn't think I would have much for her to do. I try to make most things a learning opportunity, and so I did just that. After she cut about 50 box tops off of reams of paper, she researched and wrote a paper on the benefits of open adoption.

I am thankful Maisey could come and learn more about social services. I am proud to be a role model to her as I share the realities of the world we live in. It's important to teach our children to be loving and accepting and I can't think of a better way.
She loved dressing up to go to the office. She said people at school gave her crazy looks when she told them of the dress code. Maisey wears dresses at least 2x a week, but I let he wear an all lace one she's been begging to wear to school. Her smile was the most beautiful part of her appearance!

0 comments: