Monday, January 21, 2013

{Catch up}


Maisey has always loved fashion and her favorite store is Forever 21.
Like the patterned fishnets?
Where have we been? Everywhere! And, for the next couple weeks we are booked solid with dance. The competition season is in full swing and Maisey is LOVING it! It is so fun to see kids this joyous.
Above is her hip hop team outfit.
 
A couple weeks ago Maisey officially fell in love with hip hop. She has taken it for years, but she was ecstatic spend a whole weekend doing nothing but that.
Above, Tabitha and Napolean "Nappytabs." They were AMAZING! It was so SO cool watching hundreds of kids (3 levels) dance and learn choreography so quickly.
Ryley LOVED watching too, especially seeing all the boys.
 
The Junior level
 
Maisey's hip hop team minus 1.
*
 
One new and exciting thing this month has  been teaching co-op. One of Ryley's two preschools is an AMAZING co-op teaching the "Smart Cookies" curriculum. It has been so fun to teach from perfectly articulated lessons with this bunch of delightful kids.
Costumes came into play the week we talked about "People Homes."
In the first picture with wood they made houses and a neighborhood.
The lessons even tell you what to have for snack. This week they made pb & j houses and graham cracker smores houses another time. The lessons on homes were my favorite.

 
*
This past weekend Chad and I (thanks Williams) went to Florence to celebrate my parents silver 25th anniversary.
My dad remarried when I was 5 and it was pretty cool remembering back to the wedding and reception. 

The original beautiful wedding cake.

The replica, obviously not as pretty.
My brother Daniel and I. I wished he was there for this.

Some of the part guests. My parents, brother, sister, grandpa, grandma, Chad and I.
*
Chad worked up an appetite packing, or was it unpacking. He is trying to help and really hates when I need him to unpack things we still need! 
A burger from Helvetia tavern did the trick. It had been over 10 years since we visited there and so it was on the list of things to do before we move. 
Ryley has been eager to pack to!
Recycling our shredded docs- great packing material!
I hope the next post won't be so far apart, but I will do my best in between my last term, work,  dance, packing, and everything in the middle like F-U-N!!!

Lastly, to our loyal customers of over 200 Girl Scout cookies, we are NOT selling this year after Maisey resigned and committed to 13 dance classes a week. We appreciate your loyalty and hope a new cheerful scout comes your way!

3 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

You guys never slow down. Matsen has had such a blast at preschool at your house. I love the dress up pictures you took of them!

jamie t. said...

Phew! :)

Adrianna said...

Aww... Thanks for the dress-up pics! CUTE!