Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day

I love holidays. I also love to have little parties for each one. I'm a sucker for all the little cheesy decorations, like this vinyl table cloth. Yeah, vinyl. I actually buy the vinyl, because I can't find holiday ones in cloth,and the kids usually do crafts or cookie decorating. I might just have to make my own... Anyway, the day before Valentines we had a little lunch with friends. Maisey plastered the wall with about 30 hearts she traced with cookie cutters, cut out, and hung on the wall. She's going to out due me someday soon.
The following day things were pretty low key around here. We went out for awhile during the day but we actually relaxed some. We've never been big date night people, but this year I really wanted to go out. We knew Ryley wouldn't like that idea so we put the kids to bed at their usual early time (7pm), and had a date night at home. We don't like to exchange gift either, except Chad got me three roses like last year, to represent him and the kids. My gift to him was chocolate strawberries, cider, and a hot pink bath, all to himself!I don't know what I was thinking when I bought heart shaped floating candles. It was a total joke. By the time I beckoned him the way was melting and he couldn't exactly bath with fire floating around him. However, it looked cool.
Maisey loved her school party and has since forgotten about the candy I hid away. We didn't do the candy monster this go round but she's use to it disappearing two or so days later.
I sure love my family.

1 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

You are so cute and festive. I want to be more like that. I just thought I would let you know that my visiting teachers just came by and said that you did such a good job last night with the baby shower. They said the food was amazing and that you have so much talent! Also, that you are always dressed so cute and trendy. We all want to hire you as our personal stylist!! =) Just thought you should know how amazing we all think you are!