When I was a kid I celebrated all of my birthdays at Skate World. I loved to skate. It turns out Maisey does too. For her 5th birthday we got her Rollerblades but we never took her to a real rink. That all changed on Saturday and she's already planning her 7th birthday party since her 6th (this June) is already booked.
To finish off spring break we invited a couple friends and went to skate world. The place is NASTY! I wasn't completely grossed out like I often am when I imagine years of old germs, but the place could use some work! I was completely taken back to my youth and it was a blast seeing Maisey get so excited about a new past time. She has been exposed to so many things she doesn't get totally hyped up like she was for the day of lunch, skating, and cotton candy! Sometimes I think we do too much since she doesn't seem overly dramatic like I am when I'm doing something fun, but I think it's all part of living in a big city with a very busy schedule.
Spending my only open day of break skating wasn't exactly ideal for me (I would have rather sewed something, baked, entertained, or hung out with some girlfriends), but it was well worth it watching and listening to her. I couldn't help but imagine two years from now when she is a little older and doesn't give me so much attitude. Honestly, I doubt that will ever happen, but I do hope she still looks at me with excitement as she asks, "Can we do that again, just us for a mother-daughter outing?" Maisey and I spend a lot of time together and I'm really going to miss all her activities when I start working. I really have a new take on why many men and fathers seem so anti-social. They really just want to be with the most important people in their lives, their families, and I can't blame them!
But their confidence kicked in (some sooner than others), and they all had a great time!
Even Ciara and I... She had to show off on Rollerblades while I weathered blisters from the old, ugly, unisex skates.



1 comments:
Sorry that place was Nasty! Where is that place? I'll make sure not to go:)Hey but at least the girls had fun.I can't believe She'll be six soon.Man! Time flies:)So how have you been?So when are you going to start work?Are you excited?
Post a Comment