Tomorrow is a BIG day. There are so many BIG changes happening in our home right now. However, at this moment I will only focus on one BIG thing- Maisey beginning 1st grade!
Since she was born just over six years ago, she has been securely attached to my every move. She loves to be with me and I love her company as well. It is going to be an adjustment now that she will leave my side for much of the day, especially since I am enjoying her company more and more. She is still strong willed, stubborn and decisive, but I know we will always be close. She tells me everyday that she's glad I'm her mother and it makes me feel so joyous- I hope she always feels that way!
Most people sweat over Kindergarten, but for me, it was purely exciting. On the other hand, those feelings I thought I was missing, were just dormant until now. I have to say, this day is a little sad. It makes me realize more than ever how quickly children grow and how you can never get time back.
I am so thankful I have been able to be with her and keep her out of day care during the span of her life. I think she also knows how lucky she is to have her parents around to play with her all the time, take her to and from every lesson and activity possible, and love her like "crazy cakes!"
I know Maisey is going to have a great year. She tested 3 levels ahead in reading at the end of Kindergarten and she has been reading to us everyday throughout the summer. She still loves to learn and she's still the funnest girl in her class (so the boys say- she was the only girl at so many boy-only parties last year)! Her personality is fun and she knows when to be serious. I am so proud to be her mother and so blessed to have her for a daughter!
To another great year full of growth Maisey!





1 comments:
Best wishes on your first day of school Maisey!!!
Post a Comment