We spent the 4th in Eugene this year. The weather was the perfect temperature. Sometimes it is wonderful to get away from all the hustle of our everyday lives up here in the city; but I will say right now, it can be a catch 22! My kids are so use to running from one thing to the next, that they can't enjoy the down time. We (or shall I say Chad) spent TONS of time (and gas) driving Ryley around. He always wanted to go somewhere, and he wouldn't sleep until at least 11 PM every night (which led to our coming home on Sun. night- well, it was 12:30 AM) rather than MonDAY.
While we were there we roasted marshmallows. *Tip: DO NOT use the BIG marshmallows for consumption. They are just too big and messy!
We spent most of the 4 TH with family at a friends home (or their yard rather), before returning back to my grandparents for fire works.
During fire works Maisey managed to lose a tooth and she was very excited (as usual) to cash in. However, the tooth fairy that visits this house isn't very good at tracking the rate of lost teeth. And, Maisey reminded me this morning the tooth fairy has paid less for her teeth since the first initial loss. Maisey is sharp, and now I make a vow to find out the going rate and stick with it!
What do you think is fair?
We were exhausted upon coming home but we had a great time! Isn't that funny- you can be MORE tired the less you do!!!
It was great seeing the family we were able to.



3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! We missed you guys here but glad it was a nice getaway for you all. Lets hang out this week.
I don't know what it is now, but I think we may have gotten a few random coins for regular teeth and couple of quarters for big ones... :)
As far as thew going rate I have no clue. However I'm so happy you guys had a great 4th, it is to bad that you had to head home early though : (
Post a Comment