Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{Summer Days}

The summer weeks are flying by! We've been enjoying our days swimming, playing in fountains, playing with friends, sewing baby stuff for my friends new store, and keeping up with the important things.
Video games at the Family Fun Center in Wilsonville (is he a boy or what? Just wait until he finds out my opinion of boys who play video games! We do have a Wii, but I really dislike this time waster. And, I hate TV too!!!
We are lucky to have so many awesome fountains all around us!

Boating, before my camera got wet and quit working for 4 days!
I think we have managed to "mold" Maisey a bit this summer... I couldn't be prouder of her! Since Chad and I are both neat freaks, we clean up the kids' messes before they even notice them. I made it a vow that I would put a stop to this before she got even bigger- and Chad is actually trying to let her "stand" on her own too (he's a big softy)!

This is how her day goes:

Wake

Make Bed

Eat Breakfast

Do 4 pages of school work- she's still about a year ahead and I don't want her to be part of the "summer slide!"

Spend up to an hour with media (although she's too busy to care)
Practice Piano
Eat lunch
PLAY, PLAY, PLAY (she really does a lot of this)!
I won't say EVERYDAY goes according to planned; however, she is almost completely on target at sticking to her routine!
I loved having a bit of cool weather early this week and I hope it's not too hot on Friday when I plan to be indoors sewing, and baking for Saturday's Garden Brunch!

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

Brunch yummy!!!! What a great summer you guys are having. I do love the pic of your little man at the begining he is so focused.