Sunday, July 18, 2010

{Sand in the City}

We were excited for another year of Sand in the City (click to see pictures of last years sculptures), especially Maisey since she's old enough to remember the past three years we've gone. The themes varied but we liked the featured Toy Story and Alice and Wonderland. There weren't as many sculptures this year, which was kind of nice because it was easier to walk through. While Maisey got her face painted and played in the sand, Ryley tip toed around (he wasn't keen on the crowd or the wet sand. I think he was hung up on how it got in the middle of Pioneer Place. Chad noticed the reptiles immediately and wanted to see if Ryley was as crazy about them as he is. The answer was NO! And, if I could have only caught the other faces of terror he made...
It was very crowded, so we were quite surprised when we ran into our ward missionaries (in suits), in the heart of down town!
We love this annual tradition, and if you haven't been, you should check it out next year. Along with face painting, sand playing, sculpture viewing, reptile petting, and eating, there are also other educational kid friendly booths.
Within the last couple days I've been down town and discovered (thanks to friends)
and
.
Since having children we've really just been hanging in the burbs. I have to say, Portland is weird (you know the saying, "keep Portland weird," but it's also a little fun when you take away the traffic)! I seriously planned out places I want to go with only Chad for the next five years... If only we dated more than 1 x a year!!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember going to that a couple of years ago...very cool tradition! Oh, how I miss you guys and Portland and all it's 'weirdness'!

p.s. I'll work the belly shot.