Saturday, October 23, 2010

{Let...}

...the parties begin! As Chad would say, "Halloween is Christmas to me." With that being said, I roll with it. This was the first of 6 (which is why I didn't make it a costume party)!
However, I did learn my lesson and I will never make that decision again. The kids wanted to dress up. One girl decided too anyway and another missed the memo. Oh, they were all cute in their Halloween colors- no matter how formal.
Last night we threw a little kid Halloween party with 12, 6-7 year old's. The amount of excitement little kids have, well, let me just say it makes their company more enjoyable than some adults! We played some festive mummy and pumpkin games.

*I LOVED how these turned out and I love my cake decorator Lisa for helping me! She did most of it while I prepped non-candy food items that barely got considered.*

Let the kids get all filled up with food- and lots of sugar in lieu of the season.
And then we let them dance it off. I should have made the party at least 30 minutes longer so these little ones could expend some energy. "Just Dance" is honestly the most played game when The Guenther's are around, and the kids would have loved to have some more Wii time. It was only a filler, and unfortunately during the party time, we only played two songs before most kids had to leave. We are certainly planning on having a dance party the next go round. Here Maisey and I pose at 10 PM. It was a must since my usually helpful hubby spent the ENTIRE party chatting with a dad. It was me, and 13 kids solo, and needless to say, the only thing that was sacrificed were photo opps. The pictures I managed to take, we're after the "damage" was done!

0 comments: