Today was Maisey's big day. The entire week has been so exciting and as the day drew nearer we could hardly stand it.
Each morning Maisey would say, "I can't believe I'm eight and I am getting baptized!" She was more than joyous to say the least, and it was very touching.
Maisey wanted to see a song, and then changed her mind last minute, but it was hard to stay composed when she practiced the first time through at home.
We are so proud of her for making her first covenant with her Heavenly Father! She is the first in our family to baptized at the "age of accountability," 8.
Ryley was tired and did not feel photogenic at all. He just wanted to be with his friend Herbie the entire time, and I pretty much let him since I was busy with Maisey. 
Simple centerpieces
The touch of color we got to bring home.
We spent some serious time decorating 90 cookies, and then we had half left over... I guess the primary will get some tomorrow!
Half way through (about 3 hours in) I realized I was crazy for placing pearlized edible beads around the dotted border of these all white "M" cookies.
At that time I began to wonder why in the world I love to have parties and make things all the time!??? I can't even figure it out and I spend most my time analyzing and diagnosing others. Do you know, other than that I am crazy- or fun depending on how you look at it!
I failed big time at getting pictures of the little details, like the cakes before they were eaten. But, the colors as you can see were white and gold, perfect for a baptism!
My grandparents came up from Eugene to be a part of this special day. It was so wonderful to have them their because I remember my baptism like it was yesterday and they bought my cake and helped me prepare.
My family has always been so supportive of me and my faith.
The Sorenson's all grown up. It's so fun to watch the kids grow- especially when I look back at pictures from when they were toddlers and preschoolers! We've known them for about 6 years and it's always a joy to be around them. 
Madeline, Maisey, and Paige
Some of Maisey's friends
Paige, Maisey, Madeline, Leila, Erika, Katie
There were many who could not make it due to life (and nap times, the holiday weekend, etc.) but we love and appreciate everyone who came!
My mother and father in-law have a lot of pictures they will give me so I am sure you will see some pop up in the "picture of the week" section. Ruby my niece was a great little photographer!



2 comments:
What a big day! Congratulations Maisey. She looked beautiful and so did all of the beautiful decorations. I wish that we could have been there for the big day!
The reception looks so pretty, Rach! Sad we missed it- I would have been sorely tempted by those cakes and cookies. It was a beautiful baptism though and her dress was so pretty!
Post a Comment