It took me far to long to label this post. Why? Because it is hard to emphasize the way I feel right now. I wish I felt as 'happy' as I look in this photo; however, that would not be true.
I acknowledge my efforts, and for that I am 'happy.' However, it is time for an update, and that does not make me 'happy.'
I skipped the 5 month update because I was unhappy with my results. But, I am ready to share. At 5 months, I was at 72 lbs.
Now, at 6 months, I am at 75 lbs.
What happened? Well, I showed myself I can maintain my weight. We were gone on vacation a lot, and I ate on my program, although I made a few exceptions over the month (a brownie 1 week, a smore the next, etc). It's not very promising that I gain 3 -4 lbs from a small 'liberty' but that is how it is, so there's not point in whining about it. I am down at least 3 lbs. and that is 'progress.'
My plan this next couple weeks it to wean off the protein I've been supplementing with and settle for something new and less expensive from Costco.
I know I can do this because I've developed great habits and I have support.
And, I am also very uncomfortable where I'm at which should help me get moving again.
I'm ready for new clothes and I can't justify buying more when I went down so many sizes so quick.
A question people keep asking about or assuming, involves exercise. The answer is, "NO!" If you know me personally, you know I have NO time. I do not exercise, and when I start to get impatient, I just remind myself this is without that 'push' and so I need to be realistic.
So, there is the update. Although it's uncomfortable to discuss this halt, it is important for people to see the reality of this journey. It's definitely something to be excited about, but it's not easy, it's only worth it!



4 comments:
hang in there... you are one of the most strong people I know! Way to go and keep it up. I
Rachel, you look amazing! 75 lbs is down-right astounding. You look fantastic.
I agree with Jamie and Jenna. You look awesome too and should be happy that you've made such huge progress.
I haven't checked your blog in a while (sorry!), but when I saw this photo of you, my mouth dropped open! You look fantastic! I cannot believe how much weight you have lost! I think still losing three pounds in a month is still great, especially since you're not even exercising! Holy cow! My goal is just five pounds a month - and this is with some serious exercising. You look amazing!
Post a Comment