Monday, September 26, 2011

{Fall}

I LOVED the rain today! Yes, I loved it because it felt like fall in Oregon. I don't want rain tomorrow, but it got me excited today.

I was busy with all the usual things, but we managed to get some crafting and baking in around here, a good day.
Maisey and her friends made candle votives and modge podge pumpkins (picture of the still very-wet projects)!

I WAS SOOOOOO excited when I found a recipe online for homemade modge podge. You use 2 parts Elmer's glue to 1 part water. I spend tons of money on this stuff (it's $10 for about 12-16 ounces, but you can make it for so cheap)! It dries smooth, and clear.


It's perfect!

The girls needed an after school snack... Popcorn, apples, and THIS sweet treat.

While they munched, I baked pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. We assembled them (Chad cut the burlap, Maise and I cut and stuffed) and delivered them to some friends for FHE.


Apparently they were a hit (I just loved how they looked) and you can make them by following THIS recipe. Enjoy and happy Fall!

4 comments:

Alie said...

I love it! All of it, the decorations and the dessert. How fun. It all turned out so well. I am counting down the days until I can pull out my fall decorations and make pumpkin bread. Yumm

Melissa said...

Wow, you've out done yourself this time Rachel! I would love to try all of it...you make it look so easy and cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the muffins! They were soo good!!

And sorry for the rudeness. You totally caught us at a terrible time. Bedtime is always a fight. lol!

jamie t. said...

wish you could have swung by our place to bring by treats! Looked yummy!