Sunday, May 5, 2013

{This Weekend}

 On Friday Chad took and passed his Utah drivers license.
We are still trying to figure out if this means he is a resident...???
Don't you have to live somewhere for like 6 months before you're legal? 
 Pretty lashes
 We went to see Val one of my close friend's mom. We've been going every other week and my kids love it. Val has been blind for about 25 years and she is immobile. I almost started to cry while watching Maisey hold Val's straw and cup for her, and assist her with eating. When I was a 4th grader like Maisey my class would walk to a nursing home 1x a week so we could read to the elderly. I have such great memories of that time and I hope my children can learn to be compassionate while growing up in a "I want" generation! 
 After our visit we went to an AWESOME public pool that resembled Great Wolf Lodge in many ways. It has the pale on top (which I cropped off) and the coolest baby pool EVER. They have his little grass hut with swings suspended for babies to sit in while partially submerged in a "hammock."
 Ryley's "hedgie the hedgehog" left out on the sidewalk after watching him ride his scooter. Oma gave it to him for the car ride from OR and they must have really bonded because this guys was in the trunk to be donated and Ry grabbed him up.
Sleepover in the guest bed. After checking on the kids 1 1/2 hours after putting them to bed we walk in to see them up reminiscing in their photo albums, 7 or so of them! The first words out of their mouths, "WE want a BABY!"
How do you think that conversation went?

2 comments:

jamie t. said...

Great job Chad! I hate to admit it but I failed my oregon drivers license test the first time I took it. That is also so nice you are able to go see Val. I am sure she loves it and know it is a great thing for your great kids! Miss you!!

Ciara said...

Thank you for taking time to visit my mom since I can't be there.