In Utah, things are different. It is sunny almost all the time. As a native Oregonian I never realized how much it rained until we left it. When it's rained here, oh, for the 3 hours, it reminds me of home.
In Utah, people are polite, but they are SO rude when they drive. You can count on at least 3 cars running every red light.
People wear large necklaces, earrings, and bracelets to the grocery store and everywhere else. I love fashion and accessories so I have felt quite at home; however, I can't bring myself to wear the three-tiered necklaces to the grocery store.
We got lots of nosebleeds at first.
My knack for baking is taking time. I have to make recipes at least twice the "first" time around.
The static electricity is crazy! Especially when I wear fishnets. I can't use dryer sheets and I'm still working out the kinks.
Darn altitude!
My kids enjoyed 3 snow days in the 2 months here and tons of hot sun! Bizarre.
There are several license plates to choose from here. Chad used to ski so we had to have those for Bob.
I don't know if we will ever over come chap lips and dry skin!
I LOVE the store Tai Pan trading and I wish I had a space for both theses tables. If you love this store to, they are opening up online soon.
The University Mall has so many cool stores and I am in love with the tie store too! Hundreds and hundreds of ties!
I miss the Hillsboro super Costco. The ones here are so small and beyond crowded. Like, 15 people in every line, every time you go!
The news comes on an (and everything else) an hour earlier.
It took my a couple weeks to get used to the time, I always said, "In Oregon it's only ---."
My ward is much, much different. Hardly any young people which is the opposite of our other wards.
They aren't in to technology as much so I just started an e-mail group. It's been 2 or 3 weeks and I've only received 2 emails. I think it will take time but I hope it gets used!
If you've been here maybe you can relate.







0 comments:
Post a Comment