Sunday, December 1, 2013

{Small Vintage Nursery}

The minute we got the confirmation the twins were girls I was in a whirlwind. I had nursery ideas for boy/boy, boy/girl, and girl/girl. The least planned out, girl/girl because I never expected that. We are thrilled!!!
 Needless to say, I have no interest in crafting for a long time!!! I may skip my usual Christmas crafts this year even.
My little helper. Such a trooper-she even volunteered! Crazy girl!
So the puff balls have 2 yards of each color (pink, white, and blue) cut into 2" circles- thousands probably! I even bought a circle cutter which was like a protractor type device but it was slower to use so I traced and cut every one of them! Next, we hot glued them after folding them of course.
The banner is made of strips of ribbon and fabric from 10 or so different textiles.
All together, the two projects took about 37 hours. I calculated based on the fact I did this all through conference and Maisey brought as many as 3 friends in between the break to tie knots on the banner. Crazy- yes! Worth it- yes!  
 

 I bought this freshly painted with an amazing high end cabinet paint but it was too dull in cream. I don't love the color as I did in the store, which is why I distressed it and sprayed the hardware. However, I'm too lazy to redo it!
 Vintage mirror found on Craigslist.
 Vintage handkerchiefs framed in bright colors so when I get some nerve I can mis-match some!
Other little details found at the "Fleattitude" vintage flea market!

 This gold shelf inspired the room. I got it from my grandmas estate a year ago when she passed away with intentions of painting it originally. So glad I left the antique gold on it!

 Recovered ruffled lamp shade.
I was pretty turned off on making blankets but I knew I wouldn't find something to fit what I was looking for. I wish my friend Adrianna was here to monogram them!
 I murmured while making these crib skirts. I wanted long ones and these are 19" long. "Boutique" crib skirts as they call them when they're this length were in the hundreds. Yes, leave it to me to pick out crib skirts for $320! What the heck?
The rug I also wanted was pricey @ $659. After searching TONS of stores and coming up with everything but white, I thought I would make my own. BUT, after spending $50 on materials, I realized after doing a 4" space it would take me till I died to finish a 4 x 6' rug. Maybe the white jersey material can go towards ghost costumes next year???
SO, I bought 4 small rugs to hand stitch together and my problem was solved!
It was super fun working on this project and now I just need to make more blankets, burp rags, and bibs. 

0 comments: