Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ryley Dean


Here are some pictures of our new "little son". Well, maybe he's not too little, but he sure is smaller than everyone predicted! He was born at 8:04 pm on April 7th and he was 9 lbs. 9oz. He has the sweetest little temperment and a little cry -which we've hardly heard! Although he sure follows after his big sis in regards to looks, he has proven to be much quieter-so far anyway.
We hope to go home soon (preferably today) and we are waiting on the doctor as we speak so that we can approach him again about our departure.Dad and Ryley after Dad helped give him his first bath.

Ryley is also awaiting his circumcision today!

Here is big sis and she sure is proud!

Ryley was quite stubborn and was still riding high in the womb well through the delivery. Because he was so high they had to do a lot of pulling to get him out, which included the vacuum. Now he has an elevated swollen mass towards the side of his head which at first caused some concern. However, he had a head ultrasound and things proved to be so far so good. Now we just have to be on the lookout for jaundice due to the blood vessel irritation.

I have a horrible case of "pink eye" which I somehow came out of recovery with (which also explains my absence in the photos). The c-section recovery or aftermath has been nothing compared to the incovenience and even pain from the pink eyes. Maybe I should re-think the pain meds and take a Vicodin!

5 comments:

jamie t. said...

He is so sweet... and so big! I can't wait to see him in person. I hope that you get to go home soon and recover from your pink eye and surgery. I have nothing to complain about with my cold after the week you've had. I bet your so relieved your sweet baby boy is finally here.

Kristy E.B. said...

Yeah! Congratulations on your baby boy! I'm so glad he's finally here. Hopefully you get feeling better soon!

Chris and Melanie said...

He is so very BEAUTIFUL!!!! He looks so tiny to me even though he really isn't! I'm so glad you posted so quickly. I was dying to know how everything went. He's a keeper!

Mark and Tammy said...

Congrads---we are so thrilled for you and the family-he looks adorable. I have been checking the blog whenever I am home and so I am so excited to finally here all the news. I just hate it went they are so stubborn and dont want to come out. Take it easy and good luck getting some sleep these next few days

The Mansfield's said...

I am so happy for you guys! He is soooo big...the doc is predicting about a 7 pounder for me. I can handle that! Congratulations and Good Luck on your recovery.