Sunday, June 28, 2009

{confession- I am one of them}

In case you didn't already know, I am one of them. I am one of those moms who loves to see her daughter on stage, in make-up, performing. I am one of those moms who would do beauty pageants if I lived in the Midwest or on the east coast but in the past I settled for photo contests instead.

Well, Maisey just had another dance recital and I have to confess, I loved the final show. It is so fun watching her get excited over the mascara and the stage- it takes me back. I danced for many years and I admit I get sucked into the event.

This year she took ballet and tap but next year I hope she sticks with only tap or jazz or hip/hop. I think you get more exercise with those dances and they really seem to excite the audience. Plus, she is a good tapper! We will just have to see what she decides. For now, here are a couple pictures.
Before the show.Maisey is on the far left! I was worried after watching rehearsal because the adorable little kiddos seemed to freeze on stage... But in the end, they all did great! She did awesome and I could tell I had a cheesy smile on the whole time!
After the recital with her trophy and flowers!

2 comments:

The Hadley Family said...

Oh, the fun we have with little girls! I remember those days. Maisey looks beautiful. I wish I could have seen her perform. =)

jamie t. said...

Maisey looked adorable! Don't worry about being.... one of them. :)