
Friday @
PDX- Ryley wasn't sure why we woke him up at 4 am so Chad and Maisey had some explaining to do

This was the seating arrangement-car seats by the window. Of course Maisey thought it was 'unfair' but she managed to fer over it!

This is the view we have from our room of California Adventure at night

Looking out our window at the side of the building

The Disney movie room in our hotel, next to the arcade.
Maisey's Birthday and Graduation- Our first day in the park

Just through the front gates and Ryley is already exhausted from the day before.

Disneyland's Toy Story Ride (my favorite) which terrified Maisey!

"You mean I have to wait for Daddy and Maisey before I can go on the tea cups?"
Ry and I have done a lot of waiting! However, he (and I) eventually got to ride on the tea cups and he LOVES them! Each time he goes he throws his hands in the air and shrieks... It is SO funny!

For Maisey's birthday she got her hair and make-up done at
Bippity Boppity Boo Boutique! She loved choosing from all the accessories and being pampered by the "Fairy God Mother's in training!"

The 'unveiling' in the magical mirror. After putting a spell on the princess with tons of glitter the curtain is pulled back and the princess is now ready for her costume (outfit, sash (in this case a birthday one), jewelry, princess bag, and pictures! * One of the most magical parts of the trip by far!!!

The final look. Not a very great picture but we will remember the event!

"Well hello! May I get a picture of you before you go and find the princesses?"

"Wait! I have to give you my wish before you go!" Her wish was that she could live in a castle! Oh, what a hard lesson to learn in "The most magical place on earth!"
Things I've learned so far:
I like American food
Don't tell Maisey whether or not the ride will be absent of any light for any amount of time
Skipping naps scares the heck out of me and makes me worry Ryley won't know what his schedule is when we get home!
Pack extra clothes- You never know how wet you will get (watch out for California Adventure's Grizzly Rapids)!
Be prepared to spend a ton of money on bottled water at the parks!
You will undoubtedly get at least one blister when you spend nearly 15 hours at Disneyland in one day!
Your suppose to tip your housekeepers! What the...
The summers around here (summer 2009 kicked off on 6/12 our first night here) are AMAZING (fireworks, street parades, musicals, etc,...)!!!
To be continued...
Still to come: pictures of fireworks (from a boat) with Dumbo and Tinkerbell flying through the sky and everything after the first 24 hours!
4 comments:
Wow!! It looks like you are all having a great time. Thanks for sharing. :)
Glad you guys are having a great time! What fun for Maisey to get all decked out as a princess! Can't wait to hear more about your trip...see you when you get back!
What a beautiful birthday princess Maisey! Sounds like so much fun. I can believe the blisters. When we went Jon wore a pedometer just for curiosity sake and it told us that we walked 22 1/2 miles the first day, and 27 3/4 miles the second day. Basically, two days walking a marathon. Worth the memories though.
Omgsh, that looks like sooo much fun!!!! I'm so jealous! :)
Post a Comment