Saturday, February 27, 2010

{alterations}

The nice thing about knowing how to sew a little is that you can "alter" things to fit. Since Maisey isn't the tallest girl around, I altered this skirt some. However, since I am new at sewing, I took a little too much off at first. I took 2" from the top, 3" from the middle (the best part), and another 2" from the bottom. Afterwards, I realized that is some serious length- and as much as this little girl wants to be worldly and wear a "mini skirt," it ain't happening! So, I decided to add the 2" back on to the top (+ 1" for good measure), and I decided to use the same pattern from the middle rather than the original sage green I picked out. I did a lot of gathering in the middle and in the end I like how the top sets the ruffles down a bit lower. I'm ready to make another this week, only it will be like the one before this. But it was nice to try something new. I am becoming a little more confident and brave with each stitch I take

3 comments:

Adrianna said...

Yes, after I got the skirt on Evie, I think something a little less full would have been more flattering on her. I like to drop down waist. You do fine work!

jamie t. said...

That turned out great! I wish I was feeling a little more confident. I need your help. :)

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Racheal,you need to share some of your talent with me...LOL...You are amazing girl:)..I have a sewing machine that need to put in use...help...lol..Love the skirt.Your skills are amazing!..