Looking back now, I have to say the little man has been pretty good to us. As long as he has his blanket and binky, he's been a great self-soother (not that I don't miss being the one and only person who can make my baby content). However, children are like seasons and they go through different phases.
*
Phase 1- No Crib
About 2 weeks ago out of the blue, Ryley decided he would NOT sleep in his crib. He never climbed out, but he would arch his back and have a panic attack if we even got close to it. We tried to convert it into the toddler bed that it is also designed to be, however, he would not go for that either.
**
Phase 2- No Naps
So, now he has a new toddler bed. We are still trying to work on getting him to fall asleep in it without one of us the room at night. Ryley has pretty much given up naps as well! Now that he can get out of bed, he is sleeping less at night, and almost nothing during the day!
***
Phase 3- Make Dressing Impossible
The worst of things yet is the fact Ryley does not want to be changed! He puts up a HUGE fight when he needs his diaper or his clothes changed. I've tried everything and I cannot get him to cooperate. I hope this phase doesn't last long. And Baby Center, he could care less if he gets to choose his clothes!
****
Phase 4- Undecided
Since we're stumbling through all these changes right now, and since Ryley doesn't want to be changed, we brought out the Baby Bjorn potty chairs, bought some Thomas the Train underwear, and we're waiting patiently. I'm not going to push potty training right now, but it's waiting when Ryley decides to switch things up on us!
Last but not least, I'm wondering when this little man is going to get use to haircuts? He is nearly 2, and we're about to hit 20 and he still screams and yells "Ouch!" I really don't think I can handle any more resistance on this!
I also never believed int he "Terrible Two's," and I will keep telling myself that when the days are long and I find myself saying 3 prayers BEFORE 6:30 AM!!!
But, no matter how challenging things can get, I wouldn't trade it for the world!



2 comments:
Not that this will make you feel better, but Sterling cried through all of his haircuts (nay, screamed and writhed, is more like) until he was 4.5 years old. It will take time on that one. Cute toddler bed!! Do you think he sleeps less at night because he knows you'll come in and sit with him?
Oh, the things we do for these boys and their phases! Good luck with the haircut phase...putting on a video always works magic w/ Clark (i'm sure you've already tried that one). Best of luck!
Post a Comment