This past weekend we went to Eugene for Lily's baby shower. She is due in two weeks and will be the first child to Tyler and Katelyn. I am so excited for these new parents. They amaze me. In June Tyler will graduate from OHSU as a dentist and Katelyn will be graduating from there as a doctor. I'm sure it will be a tough year with a new little one and traveling for interviews for Katelyn's surgical residency, but they can do it. The best news is OHSU is opening a new daycare so they will be close to work, school, home (also on the hill), and little Lily.
Me, Katelyn, and Sheena (both my cousins' wives).
Little Sally and Big Sally also flew down from Seattle for the shower. It was great to see them, especially little Sally who I have seen in about 4 years, since Tyler and Katelyn got married.
While we were there we celebrate my dad's birthday which was the day before. I made him a good dinner which he enjoyed intermittently with the Duck game. My family is full of Duck fans.
Although the kids can get pretty bored sometimes visiting the "small" town of Eugene, they did a good job keeping themselves occupied outside with my parent's dog Chloe. We are looking forward to next summer when Ryley isn't eye level with her tongue. She is a very sweet dog for being so big.
We had a great relaxing time and can't wait for the holiday's when we will go visit again.



0 comments:
Post a Comment