Saturday, August 20, 2011

{Prineville}

This past week we went camping with 6 other families (which included 19 children) to Prineville for some sun and good company.Some of the kidlets, minus most of the boys!

We spent about 9 hours a day on the beach or in the boat (wake boarding, tubing, knee boarding, etc.). Maisey was a trooper with her cast. I was so pleased with her disposition, despite the fact all she could do was ride on the boat. It was SO hot and she was "beached" much of the time!The kids loved camping for three nights. It was really fun, but I realized 3 was as many as I could do in a tent (I even surprised myself with that number since it was SO dusty)! Next year, we want to rent something to sleep in! Here are some of my great girlfriends who came (minus Naomi who was attending to her family's needs, also new to camping)! We missed those few other close families who couldn't make it, but we LOVED seeing those who could, especially the Tonks' and Erekson's who drove 10 and 15 hours to come!!!

Forgive me if I have said this before, but my parents always told me growing up that friends would come and go, and that if you could count on one hand your "good" friends, you were lucky. Lets just say I know I am blessed and that each and every one of these women inspire me in a different way (including those who couldn't attend, but who were there in thought)!

0 comments: