Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Night in the Hood

Saturday we headed to Hood River for a quick 24 hours with friends and family. We had to cancel some dinner plans with good friends a couple of weeks ago during the snowy winter, but we were all able to reschedule for Saturday night. Afterwards we went to "game night" with a group of friends from our old ward and we loved that the once a month gathering coincided with our little trip. Maisey got to spend her second night away (I won't keep counting), with Aunt Jill, Uncle Tod, and Cousin Ruby. She has been asking to stay again since the last time we visited (hopefully she doesn't expect to stay every time we take a trip up), and she was thrilled at the invite. We, or I actually slept this time (instead of worrying) and I only hope that Aunt Jill sleeps well tonight as we thank her for her willingness to wake from her sleep several times a night in order to give us some alone time... I think Maisey likes it more than us- it still feels weird when she's not in the middle. We spent Sunday with family and Oma even took the day off work:) We felt very special and we enjoyed spending the day with our old neighbors (family). Maisey has missed Ruby a ton and told her numerous times that she misses living in Hood River. But, on the way home she remembered her cousins Peyton, Colby, Miranda, and Michelle here in Beaverton and she said she was glad to live close to them. As long as we have family nearby (which we do- Eugene, Hood River, and Beaverton) we will always be happy.

1 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

We were going to go to game night, but lucky me I have pink eye!! GRRR...oh well. I'm glad you guys were able to make it. I heard it was lots of fun!