After hearing many people's testimonials on Sunday about the fact that we know Gordon B. Hinckley as Our Prophet and others see him just as the President of the LDS Church, it made me want to steer away from the word 'president' at this time because he was so much more.
As joyous as it is that he has returned to Heaven, I can't help but be sad still about his passing. I joined the Church in March of 1996 and he is the only prophet I have known. I have always enjoyed watching specials on the BYU channel about his life over the years and now with his passing more might be produced spanning through his last days... Chad and I hope anyway.
On Sunday night I enjoyed a 20 or so minute interview that he gave 11 years back on 60 minutes. I was so impressed with his concrete answers and I was thankful that the station played the broadcast again for all of the world to see. I am also glad I went with the prompting I felt to turn on the t.v. as it motivated me. The interview made me reflect on my missionary efforts or lack of at this time, and inspires me to be more vulnerable around the people I love and interact with regularly so that I might share with them ways in which the gospel has played a hand in my life.
4 years ago



5 comments:
I didn't know they played that again on 60 minutes. I would loved to have seen it. Did you hear we got a new Prophet? I'm excited . I love President Monson. He will do a great job! :)
When was Monson called today?
President Monson and his counselors were all called on the 4th. I am excited to see what they will do for us!
Didn't tag you cause you've already been tagged by Melanie check her blog.
Jenny is right! I did tag you and for some crazy reason I don't see it on your blog! Oh well, I am tagging you now, check out my blog for instructions. :P
Post a Comment