Sunday, November 7, 2010

{Mom's Retreat}

This weekend my good friend Naomi invited some ladies and I to a sweet resort at Seaside. I had been so excited for this night with my very favorite girls for the last three months!!! I had NEVER left my kids over night so you can imagine how giddy I was. I made the most of my girl time by staying up till 5 Am (I have always been a night owl). It was so nice to go to dinner without kids, swim and hot tub without someone having to go to the bathroom, and shower without kids interrupting. I love being a mom more than I love doing anything else, but it was truly a wonderful 24 hours away! I am also thankful for wonderful girlfriends who weather the storms of life with me each and every day! Really, how many women have a group of BFF's this big (and 1, Kristy is missing)? Really? Ones you have play dates with, girls nights with dancing and secrets till 2 Am, callings, faith and religion, and an overall deep, deep bond of sisterhood? We are each so lucky!!!After checking out and doing some shopping some of us had lunch before heading home. We got home at dinner and my family got up from the table to hug and greet me, with some tears. Can you guess who from?Everything was all in perfect timing. Thanks Na for the invite and sorry I snored the 3 hours I slept!
*And, my computer is working!

3 comments:

Becky said...

How fun! My parents belong to worldmark and we stay there frequently. Its one of my all time favorite places.
Have you caught back up on your sleep yet?

Danielle said...

FUN!!! I've done a girls beach trip a couple of times and they are always such a blast! glad you got to get out. :)

Melissa said...

Oh, I can't tell you how jealous I am that I wasn't invited (perhaps next time:) But I can tell you how happy I am to hear you all had a fabulous time! Miss you gal pals!