Sunday, November 28, 2010

{Thanksgiving}

On Thursday we went to Independance, Oregon to visit with my biological mother's parents, two of my aunts, their husbands, and two of my cousins. It was a nice relaxing day, and we were excited at the opportunity to see them all together since the last time was 2.5 years ago.
(Julia and Sarah, my cousins, with Maisey)
I failed to take more than 2 pictures, but there wasn't much to document other than the blessings we have throughout the year!
I made a traditional list of the many blessings I have in my life and this is what I'm thankful for:
- My family. My husband, children, and extended family (mine and Chad's). Parents, grandparents, and siblings.
- My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The gift of the Atonement.
- Prophets.
- Temples.
- The scriptures.
- Agency. Life.
- The Holy Ghost.
- Prayer.
- The Priesthood.
- Visiting Teaching.
- Missionaries.
- Callings.
- Trials and the lessons that come from them.
- Hymns- All time favorite, "Because I have been given much."
- Motherhood, and fertility.
- Friends, all of them.
- Shelter.
- Electricity and heat.
- Food.
- Clean water.
- Clothing, stylists and seamstresses.
- Cars.
- Education. My undergraduate and graduate.
- Teachers
- Technology, phones, computers and Internet.
- Books (text, scriptures, relationships, and all the rest-although I don't read much else).
- Freedom
- Doctors and specialists.
- Health for all my loved ones.
- Love.
- Encouragement.
- Patience.
- Forgiveness.
- Strength.
- Hope.
- Stores and shopping.
- Music.
- Restaurants.
- Beauty products such as make-up and flat irons.
- Sleep.
- Time.
We hope you had a great holiday too!

0 comments: