Monday, December 6, 2010

{Pittock's Northwest Christmas}

It wouldn't be the Christmas season if I didn't get to take my annual stroll around Pittock Mansion. I love to see what the tasteful designers do each year. This year's theme was "A Northwest Christmas." Above: The back and entrance.
I won't bore you with tons of pictures (which you may have seen here or in other posts in previous years) but at least look Multnomah Falls. This year Maisey counted pillow like stars in every room. She (We) came up with 186. At the end of our visit she got a certificate, despite the fact there were 224 hidden stars.
A view of the front which overlooks the city. Obviously, not the original view from 1909 when the grounds were broken. the house was first inhabited in 1914. A side view. This was the first year we've ever toured the groundskeepers home. It's hard to tell, but it was 4 stories. Originally, the chauffeur lived there before the ground keeper and his family joined the family. This home had such an interesting layout, but neat nonetheless.I love traditions- and dates! Wrapping up the date with Baskin Robins.

0 comments: