Monday, December 20, 2010

{"Wii" Kids Christmas Party}

At the last Halloween party the girls didn't get nearly enough dancing time in (it was my filler and I booked everything so well we only had about 10 minutes to use the Wii). So, we decided to have a Wii dance party. All the girls had so much fun dancing off the sugar from the night. Here were to super cute centerpieces Maisey and I made (before they were eaten of course)! We took the big leftover one to church the next morning so the kids could have a seasonal treat when they raided the Bishop's office for Jolly Ranchers. What do kids like best to eat aside from Pizza (which was too traditional)? Pb&J of course. I also made 13 cute green Ramekins of Mac & Cheese but I didn't get a pic. I very well could have since there was tons untouched. What is it with kids and "real" food? My kids would seriously rather have the kind from a box. I even used a new recipe for Maise and I think I got her approval. The other adorable sweeties, well, I told them, "Eat what'cha like, the belly aches on you- :) !" So after cocoa, marshmellow overload, and new mango cider, the girls were a bit full of liquid and less interested in eating. My little sidekick colored these stamps in for the reindeer food. Ornamental party favors (thanks Lisa for making these at craft group so I could copy you)! Craft warehouse still had all the supplies and I'm making lots more next year- and cuter too. I had a limited amount of time to whip 13 of these out!
Cupcakes- And believe it or not, I did not "whip" these out! Thanks Fred Meyer, I was too busy since I decided to make sugar cookies for the party. 130 of them. A new recipe to me and it was a great one. You can find it here. Bake them less for chewy, or longer for frosting durability.
Let the decorating begin!Lots of finger licking...And of course I had to make some too.Their masterpieces. Dancing off some energy. For this night each girl was given a glittery gingerbread man with a number. This was the PERFECT way to randomly select dancing teams.
We had a great night and thank all the mommy's and daddy's who were able to get their kidlets their in spite of other holiday obligations. In the end 10 made for a nice crowd and it was actually relaxing momentarily!

3 comments:

jamie t. said...

Looks like a fun night. You have always known how to throw a great party rach. Wish we could have been there :)

Danielle said...

You are such a cool mom!!! I wish I was HALF as fun as you, lol. :)

Kristy E.B. said...

I agree, you are such a fun mom. My idea of being a fun mom is letting Jazlyn have a friend over to play :). We need to get together again soon. Hope you have a great Christmas!