Saturday, January 26, 2008

ER

No, not the show- but the actual ER isn't all that entertaining. The flu and pediatrician sent us that way last night and after 5 or so hours we got to come home. Maisey stayed awake the whole time, until 3 am when we were discharged. We were able to avoid I.V fluids thanks to a great cancer med for nausea called Zofran- a costly yet wonderful pill that dissolves- no not there, but on the tongue! I was very surprised to. They are changing the ways in which they treat children with the flu and it made life a lot easier. Tomorrow is day 5 and I think and pray that it is a day of recovery rather than dangerous throw up with blood! I am still nervous Chad and I will get it next- there is a 14 day incubation period...

Anyway, we hope you and your families are all healthy the rest of the season.

1 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

I am so sorry that Maisey is so sick! That is so scary. 5 days is a LONGGGG time! I hope she gets better soon! :)