I've surely never had a problem with loosing too much weight too fast but both my kids have. Maisey was very petite until 3 (despite the chubby cheeks), and Ryley seems to be following her lead. With Maisey I always felt guilty at the doctor's office and I thought I was going to be reported to child services. Dramatic, maybe, but I'm totally serious! Before leaving the hospital they made us supplement but just this last week we were able to stop the 2 oz. of formula. Thank goodness! It was such a pain breastfeeding from each side, formula feeding, and pumping, plus the formula stunk! He only gained a small amount over the last week (now he's 9lbs 11 oz.) but I told the nurse we'll take it. The problem is both of my kids are snackers. They barely eat 5 minutes and if they eat for 10 I'm elated. Hopefully he will continue to gain because he seem so small and I'm tired of people saying, "he's so tiny, goodness, how much did he weight when he was born?" It is like memory road all over again... Luckily he has his cute cheeks and baggy clothes to make his little body look fuller.
He's sure getting long! The 1.5 oz. he gained last week was probably in length, but I told the nurse we will take it!



0 comments:
Post a Comment