Thursday, March 27, 2008

Broccoli Salad

This picture doesn't do justice in its attempt to express the flavor in this salad. I made it for Easter and it is one of my favorites (my mom turned me onto it), and of course it's Paula Deen! Everyone has enjoyed it, so I thought I would post the recipe on the blog. I think it is a sure hit and it is so colorful!

Ingredients:
3 or 4 heads of broccoli
6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional- I usually omit)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup craisins (optional)
8 ounces sharp Cheddar, cut into very small chunks
1/2 cup chopped halved cherry tomatoes
Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
salt
freshly ground black pepper

5 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

That sounds sooo good! How many does this feed? I'm thinking I may need to double the recipe. :)

Rachel said...

No, it goes a long way. It would definately feed your family. But, I never add one crown of broccoli, I just add, and add, until it looks like there is a lot of green!

Rachel said...

I actually changed the amount of broccoli to 3 or 4 heads because that's probably how much I use.

proudmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiff and Rand said...

Two of my favorite things, Paula Dean and Broccoli Salad! Thanks for the recipe, I'm SO excited to try this. I'm Jenny Mansfield's sister-in-law, by the way. That's how I ended up on your site.