Most every one knows I love to bake, but not everybody knows I'm a 'wanna-be" cake decorator. I just like to fool around at home and I have no real chance at ever being a professional; I am slow, messy, and did I mention MESSY! For those who were interested as I talked about Maisey's cake this year, here are some from last year too!
As you can see this ballerina cake was longer than Maisey. We had no idea how to transport it to the pool party we were having so we wrapped huge Rubbemaid lids in cheap tablecloths... Where you see the gap in the torso we later filled in with pink cotton candy to make a 3D tutu. The legs are frosted twinkies. Just to give you an idea as to how big this thing really was, the head and arms alone are a 9 x 13", the torso is something like a 10 x 15".
This horse cake was also a big hit at another end of the school year birthday party. It is sad but nowadays you can't make homeade treats for school- unless you live in Hood River I guess.
My grandma made this one for her family party in Eugene.


2 comments:
Racheal I need to come hang out with you more.. You can teach me more about baking.Seriously:) The cakes you made for Maisey's are amazing! They look like the kind you buy from a proffesional.. I think you should open up your own business.For reall:)pifgja
Love It! You are one heck of a cake decorator. Can you make one for Ben? :)
Post a Comment