Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Don't Have it All...

...when it comes to sewing and the "art of". I told Chad I wanted to take sewing lessons sometime when I'm done with school and he said I didn't need them. I can make simple things (i.e. pillows, draw string skirts, table cloths/mats, etc,...), but I have no developed talent in sewing anything else. For my cousins wedding I wanted to sew Ryley some black pants since I was having a difficult time finding some this time of year and judging by the picture, you can probably see they didn't exactly fit!!!I didn't use a pattern because I don't know how and I thought I could just draw and sew them. The first pair of pants ended up being huge, (although it is hard to tell the scale in the photo, they were probably a 10/12) and so I decided to take the little fabric I had left and make some shorts. Well, they will probably fit Maisey's boy Cabbage Patch doll but we haven't had time to try them on yet.

I guess now Chad will let me take a class (or several) to develop this skill!

3 comments:

The Mansfield's said...

That is funny! Have you tried them on him yet? How do they fit? Good Luck on your next project!

Kari said...

Rachel, I'm such a slacker! I'm sorry that I didn't get you some pants. Blame it on the momnesia! I love that you're so resourceful!

Chris and Melanie said...

Good for you Rachel! I need to branch out and try new things. Sewing would be fun but I'm not very patient so I would be a mess! Keep at it! ;)