Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Tea for Two"

Sunday night Maisey asked me to get all the cookbooks down so that we could bake some cookies. We had decided on oatmeal-banana-chocolate chip before she laid eyes on some frosted sugar cookies. Usually, I only make sugar cookies for Halloween, Christmas, and Easter, but she somehow convinced me to use my oven (which I've probably used 4 times since May) and I baked some cookies. She helped mix them and bailed on me to go to bed, leaving me with the flour, rolling pen, and cookie cutters! Anyway, we tried to invite some friends over last minute since we mine as well share the fun, but only one friend could make it on that particularly busy summer day.

We were glad Sage could make it for tea sandwiches, cookies, and tea.

Even Herbie had fun! Can you see the purple frosting all over his face? He sure left his mark on Ryley... He's always trying to pick him up and he left hot pink and green all over the little guys- carseat, clothes and all. He's so affectionate.

Next time girls we will plan this one ahead.


It seems I have a lot of my Grandma in me because decorating sugar cookies is a lost art.

1 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

I'm sad we couldn't make it--it looks like you had lots of fun!