On Friday we toured Maisey's new school, Quatama. She is excited to be one of the first kids to ever attend this school and we are eager for Kindergarten to begin on September 4th.
There is a funny story to this afternoon... I admit to being very picky about Maisey's clothing- even too picky at times. *But, I do let her choose what she wears almost every day and we also compromise and agree most of the time. Anyway, this day we went shopping at the mall and she used some of her birthday money to get a Hannah Montana t-shirt. First of all, I don't care for t-shirts, and secondly, I don't care for licensed clothing. I thought it could be a night shirt, but afterwards she begged and begged me to wear it. I told her she could put it on and she changed in the car. After getting home, and after some whining, I told her she could just wear it to her school tour. As we walked in the doors in to the center of a large group of people, a lady approached us and asked if she could follow us, photograph us, and interview us for the Oregonian. Just our luck, she took off her cute dress and was wearing a big over sized licensed t-shirt. Oh well, she drove the journalist crazy by posing for every picture, and I had to explain to Maisey several times that she needed to act "natural". She's cute no matter what she wears and she was very happy!
Quatama is 80,000 sq. ft. and it can accommodate 600 students (they are starting will 500 in Sept. '08)
It's definitely more industrial looking than Orenco (the fairly new school she was going to attend before the construction of this one) but we feel so lucky to have all the "extras" new construction offers.
*Check out Thursday's Oregonian (one of the inner sections) to see pictures of us on the tour!



1 comments:
That is too funny! I hate when they reach the age where they want to pick out there own stuff. I can't believe she's going to school soon!!!! You'll have to post an update on your blog and take pics. :)
Post a Comment